Monday, May 3, 2010

"She deserves a break today" contest!

You know who I am talking about.
She is the woman who never seems to stop.
Every time you talk to her she has just painted a room, or is in the midst of baking four loaves of bread, or has just stuffed and licked 400 envelopes for charity.
She is that woman - the woman who needs a break today.
For me that is my mother. She never stops.
With Mother's Day rapidly approaching I thought I would offer a special sort of contest.

The Rules:
1. You must comment on this blog entry on or before Sunday, May 9th, 2010, by 5pm EST.
2. You must name the woman (i.e., mother, sister, neighbour, etc.) and mention why you think she deserves a break today.
3. You must be prepared to share with me (through private email) this woman's mailing address if she is picked.

The Prize:
A bookmark made by me and a Kit Kat bar....mailed right to her. The bookmark will remind her to take time for herself and the chocolate bar...well....do I really need to elaborate?

For my mother, I made this card because, although it's Mother's Day, I really just want to say thank you for all she does for me and my family.


Supplies: Core'dinations cardstocks (Core Impressions - Cosmo Cricket collection, Essentials), Jillibean Soup kraft paper and twine, October Afternoon patterned paper and journaling card, SRM sticker ("Thanks you're the best!), Stampin' Up! circle and scalloped circle punch, Making Memories sanding block, We R' Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, and 3L layering tape.

7 comments:

  1. It's definitely my Mom. She is parenting her two grandchildren (my niece and nephew) on a part time basis and helping out their mom (my sister) who is dealing with an illness. It's a tough situation, but my Mom always manages to deal with whatever comes her way.
    Thanks for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally adorable card! LOVE how that red Core Impressions looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Yep I got just the person in mind! She works part-time, has 5 kids between 5 and 14 and each one is into every sport in town, cheers, etc. She literally runs from one to another trying to see them all. She does this, keeps house, and keeps up with several Scrapbook Design Teams AND she does it alone. Her husband is in the military and stationed in another state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable card!! LOVE! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a cool card...

    I would say my sister in Cali, who has 3 boys under 3, two of them a set of twins, and a husband who just finished dental school and about to move out of state.. I can only image 3 boys running around non stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom deserves a break- she just found out she has type 2 diabetes and lost her job.
    so many moms need a break! good luck to all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so cute! My daughter has 2 children, who are beautiful..(but I'm not prejudiced),a Mississippi girl who moved to Michigan, where her husband was raised & whose family lives there. After working to help put her hubby thru college, she was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Life is a daily battle for her, fighting this devestating disease, work, raise a family & support her husband. This is truly a mother who deserves a break!

    ReplyDelete